Central Europe 2020 - Day 8: Munich, Germany - Makartsteg, Mozart’s Birthplace & Hofbräuhaus München

2 posts in 1 week? It must be your lucky day. A good morning blessing is sent to you, with love and encouragement for a day that is the best too in all that you do. May the sun warm your heart with love. May any clouds that appear, instantly disappear. Blessings to you for the whole day through.

*Words above may or may not have been taking from an instagram account publishing motivational quotes*

Another snowy day awaits as we prepare to end our short stay in the sleepy city of Salzburg.

But first, a special house tour for you voyeurs that enjoy invading my personal space.

My train to Munich doesn't leave till 2pm so we have some time to further explore the city.

Wishing all of the couples who put padlocks on this bridge a happy breakup :)

Just a restaurant sized lobster chilling in the river. If this was Singapore, it would have already ended up as some auntie’s dinner. 

A communist party house in the middle of town. That's something you don't see everyday too.

Hidden away in the maze of passageways is my first breakfast of the day. Balkan Grill Walter serves up Bosna (spicy hotdogs) with their secret curry spice blend.

One bite in and i immediately decoded the 'secret curry spice blend'. It tastes exactly the same as Maggi curry powder which isn't a surprise since their headquarters is located nearby in Switzerland. However, it did make me feel slightly homesick. How are mom and dad doing? Does my computer feel lonely without me by its side? Did the round market wanton mee auntie miss the siao eh who only patronises her stall at 6am in the morning?

Anyhow, the curry powder hotdog was delish but that made me hungry for more food so i continued hunting for more breakfast options.

That's when i realised Salzburg people only eat sausages.

What the fuck? Can you sell something else like ba chor mee? How does the entire city survive on this 1 food?

Well... a burger is technically something different right? A few thousand years' worth of history and their cuisine failed to evolve past meat kiapped in bread...

After breakfast, it's time to visit Mozart's house. (I did say i would be visiting to ask about his sister in the previous post)

This is where the genius composer Mozart was born. Who knows maybe one day they will convert my Tampines HDB flat into a museum as well.

This is where Mozart prepared his milo every morning before composing music.

Computers that Mozart used to watch JAV and play Counterstrike 1.6.

Wow i felt all of the powerful emotions that Mozart is trying to convey through this composition. The little nuances of sadness combined with the eternal fear of having hotdogs for 3 meals a day. So inspiring.

Is it me, or is keeping someone's lock of hair for display kind of perverse?

The words flashed below the violin means Lick Live Lesbians. Trust me i speak German.

Most of the museum is just a bunch of old furniture which they imply was used by Mozart himself. Overall Mozart's birthplace was quite underwhelming, but mainly because i have no culture and i'm not a fan of classical music.

A really cute lego Mozart statue. Almost everything on this street is associated with him to milk the most out of his fame.

Speaking of milk, was looking forward to having some ice cream at Eisl Eis but it turns out Austrians don't eat frozen treats during winter. Weak.

The town's clocktower reminding me to head back to grab my luggage and catch my train.

Don’t have Jh never fan jian last minute reach train station 不 exciting. 

1 hour 40 mins and another border crossed later, we are officially in Germany!

Checked in at my hotel which has a similar colour scheme to Hotel 81, then back out for some orientation.

Of all the cities i've visited on this trip, Munich is perhaps the bustliest city of them all.

It's also where i saw the first Asian face in a week. Stay safe and keep eating bat soup my comrade.

Europeans really love their pedestrian shopping streets huh.

Disappointed yet again with the lack of Mingkhai in this Zara store.

Happened by this epic building and apparently is the New Town Hall. I can't even imagine what the Old Town Hall would look like.

I was racking my brain trying to recall what this building is but none of my readers would know even if i lied, so this building is actually a siam diu.

When in Germany, visiting a beer hall is a must, even if you’re not a beer person like me.

This is a proper cultural experience. The waitresses in their cute traditional dresses will purposely seat you with a bunch of strangers forcing you to mingle. Definitely not the place for introverts.

They also have a live band playing vibrant traditional German folk music throughout. 超有 feel 的.

SGD $15 for this monstrosity. I tremble at the thought of the amount of farts my ass would be spewing out if i downed the entire glass.

My chatty table mates were made up of 3 Americans and a couple of Aussies. Other patrons were randomly breaking into dances and just having a fun time. Good vibes.

But my sole purpose here is to befriend a certain Mr. Schweinshaxe. That pork knuckle skin is soooo crispy but having the entire thing alone was way too much meat for me to handle.

Halfway through indulging in my pork knuckle, the Yankees were so enticed that they ordered one each for themselves. None of us finished our meal.

Friendly peeps but now i have to head home and fart out all that beer gas.

Was craving for something sweet and Mcdonald's came to the rescue. The different varieties of McFlurry was impressive.

I got the Daim McFlurry which was an explosion of diabetes from an overwhelming amount of caramel and milk chocolate. My doctor back in SG confirm eyebrow keep twitch.

Kebabs are also a famed drunk food in Europe so i bought one to test if it was really that good.

Meh. It would probably taste better if i was drunk or actually hungry but i just wanted an excuse to purchase supper. And ignore the random quiche at the back, that was my over-ordering disorder which i have absolutely no control over. Really proud of myself for completing this post in a day and it's all thanks to the motivational quotes at the beginning of this post.
“I get to do it not that i have to do it. I want it and I need it. 2020”

- End of Day 8 -

No comments: