Staycay at The Village Hotel, Sentosa

Because 我帅, i was offered a complimentary night's stay at the newly opened Village Hotel in Sentosa. Being the kiasu Singaporean that i am, i shamelessly accepted even though i had no gf to share it with.


Fun fact: The Village Hotel is directly opposite the Barracks Hotel which used to be my dad's actual barracks when he was serving the army. Imagine him cleaning rifles and kenna tekan while his son is here 50 years later to nua the day away.


The lobby design was sleek as you would expect of a hotel in Sentosa. It was easy to distinguish me and my uniqlo t shirt from the tourists and rich fucks but tough luck guys, you are stuck with me for the night.


And the hotel room didn't look half bad either, complete with a nice view of the pool where i can stare at half naked strangers from the comfort of my bed.


I could make a habit of living with this view. Just need to bump my net worth up by a few million or so.


I do not, however, need this automatic toilet bowl sensor in my life. I couldn't get used to it and chua sai-ed every time i woke up to pee.

Besides the free stay, a masquerade ball was also organised by the hotel management for the guests to do some networking.


My first time attending such events and i can confirm it was indeed awkward as fuck when people approached me. Pls does my cb zai nan face look like i want to mingle and engage you in small talk?


What's even more awkward is this fucking watermelon salad. The hotel deserves a 1 star rating on google for this monstrosity alone.


At least the braised rib with potato gratin was decent. Like a true introvert, i ate extremely slowly on purpose to discourage anyone looking to start a conversation with me.


Dinner was well rounded off with a nice, creamy tiramisu. But what's even sweeter was the end of the event so that i could finally go exploring around the island.

We did get a bunch of swag that i will never use from the event. Wtf am i supposed to do with that mask? Still, it's always nice to receive free shit.


From po chai pills to sanitary pads, this vending machine has almost everything covered except for condoms. Hellos how am i supposed to act responsibly if a hot chiobu showed up to borrow my charger in the middle of the night?

The renovated barracks still looks pretty eerie at night. You can almost hear the clomps of soldiers' boots marching around the parade square.

Oh hi there mama Merlion, haven't seen you in 6 years..


You can enjoy a different vibe of Sentosa late at night when the tourists are gone. It's so tranquil taking a stroll along the attractions although the trade off is having no Jap meimeis to beo.

Is Pokemon Go still a thing? Or is this an RC event for all the boomers to gather and fight Lugia together?


Since i'm here, can't miss out on the beautiful sandy beaches. Besides the ghosts trying to convince me to take a swim, the calming sounds of waves crashing on the beach was pretty relaxing.


And then i saw this beautiful sight, a Texas Chicken that is open 24 hours. I was so 感动 my tears almost started leaking like my air con.

This is the life. Eating fried chicken on a bed (since i have 2 singles in the room) and watching tv. Didn't get to spend the night with a girl but i did end up spending it with a chick.

- Day 2 -

Good morning! *swings a punch at Kristal* Usually it's mandatory to sleep in during a staycay but i gotta tick off a few things from my to do list before checking out.


First up was exploring the breakfast buffet. Read about some very positive things from the Google reviews and it did not disappoint indeed.

They had a nasi lemak station and i have to say the coconut rice and sambal chilli is legit.


Love me a good ol' fashioned western breakfast though. I can have scrambled eggs for any meal of the day.


You know my kryptonite. EGGS STATION. It would have been rude to not patronise it at least once.


The congee station was right beside so i conveniently made myself a bowl while waiting for my cheesy mushroom omelette to be done. High cholesterol here i come.

Feasting so much for breakfast wasn't the brightest idea as next up was a swimming session in their awesome pools. The no lifeguard sign didn't help matters.

But look at this photo. Just wow. No filter, no edits. Looks exactly like it came out of a marketing brochure. You're welcome Village Hotel Sentosa. I am open to further collabs if you are reading this.

Saving the best for last, the cascading Pamukkale pools that overlooks the sea. Complete with loads of sunbeds that i shouldn't use since i probably already have skin cancer. This is an awesome hotel and actually made me feel like being on a vacation, even if only for a day. Would recommend spending your $100 tourism vouchers here while we are all stuck in SG. I lived a good 24 hours as a crazy rich asian, but time to return to my hdb and clean the fking bird shit in my kitchen because somehow they keep flying in to laosai even when there's no food for them to eat. Poor people problems.

No comments: